02 June 2008

Digital Painting practice

I have been in a rut these days and haven't had my mind really much on making artwork lately. However, yesterday I went parachuting
and I think it was pretty awesome, just realizing it now. The view straight below is quite an odd one, everything looks really 2 dimensional, it's different then when looking outside a plane. Falling through a floor of clouds was also a very cool yet quick experience.

I started to do some digital painting finally. I tried a few times before, but got neverless bored easily. This is just a ballpen doodle that have to be detailed in some areas before starting to paint it. Yes, 'another' Claire. 'Why are you obsessed with her?' I probably hear you thinking. Well, it's a important and beloved character of mine that is starring in my graphic novel series Witch Cat. And since I'm hardly creative these days, it's Claire that pops my mind to draw at least something. I should study more paintings and colours, it's far from perfect, but I have sworn to finish this as a experimental piece.

No comments: